Fun Games To Play At Home To Keep You Entertained
Is self-isolation getting the best of you? Do you and your family need to keep yourselves entertained, but don’t know how? This article is here to help you get through the world lockdown and keep your sanity!
Games are a classic way of keeping a family entertained while promoting quality time together. Below are a list of different games that range from games that keep you laughing out loud to games where you don’t have to spend money at all.
1). Watch Ya’ Mouth
Watch Ya’ Mouth is a very popular must-have for hilarious family game nights. Players have to wear a mouth retractor and read out words from the cards provided. This game will definitely keep you laughing until your tummy—and your mouth—hurts! You can buy the product here.
2). Pie Face
Pie Face is another hilarious game that keeps players laughing out loud. Players have to spin a card and the number it lands on is the number of times they have to turn the machine’s knobs whose arm is loaded with whipped cream. The arm could retract at any moment, leaving you with the suspense of whether or not you’ll be pie-faced. Buy the product online here.
Wet Head is a water roulette game similar to Pie Face—however, instead of getting whipped cream all over your face, you’ll be doused in cold water. Buy the product here.
Hedbanz is an interactive guessing game. Players wear a headband with a card of a symbol and will have to guess what it is by asking yes or no questions. You can purchase the product here.
2). Guess Who?
Guess Who? is a board game where players have to guess the mystery character chosen by the other player by asking yes or no questions. There are a lot of unique and different characters which keep the game incredibly interesting and fresh. Buy the game here.
Clue is a murder-mystery game where players have to solve a murder within the mysterious mansion. It comes with different props to bring the experience to life and keeps your family entertained in the most engaging way. Buy the game here.
1). Spot It
Spot It is a fun card game that requires you to think fast on your feet. The game begins by placing one card on the ground. Each card has different illustrations.
If any player’s card has one symbol that is the same as at least one symbol on the card placed down, they must place their card on top. Players who have placed down all their cards win the game. Buy the product here.
Uno is another simple but classic card game. Players have to match the colour or the number of the card on top of the deck. There are also Special Action Cards like reverse cards or wild cards that make the game a lot more interesting. Buy it now!
3). Card N’ Go Seek
Card N’ Go Seek is a fun card game for the whole family. The game is like a scavenger hunt—you have to find and retrieve items. The first person to do this wins the matching card. To win the game, you have to win a card from each colour or three cards of the same colour. Buy it here.
- Wink Murder/Murder Handshake. This game is great for a large group of people. One player is assigned as the murderer and another as the detective. The detective will stay in the centre. The murderer kills people by either winking or giving a special handshake to another player who will fall to the ground if killed. The detective will have to guess who the murderer is.
- Scavenger Hunt. Make a list of items that you and your family have to find around the house. You can put a twist and have them find the clues through riddles!
- Play hangman. This is a simple game that can be done on pen and paper. This game can be played in multiple ways and difficulty can vary from each round, making this the perfect game to play.
- Alphabet game. This is a simple game. You have to come up with a category—say, for example, animal—and a person has to give an example of the theme in order of the alphabet. For example, one person may begin with “Anteater,” then the next can say “beatle,” and so on.
- Fishbowl game. In this game, there are two teams. A fishbowl will be filled with strips of papers of any word (can be a place, a food, and so on). One person will be timed one minute, and in this minute they have to pick a piece of paper and let their teammate guess the word. However, there are three rounds: the taboo round, where the player has to get their teammate to guess the word using words and sentences (with some words to be banned, hence taboo); the charades round, where they have to act out the word; and the password round, as players can only give a one-word hint.
As you can see, there’s a lot of games that can keep you entertained, and these games are just the tip of the iceberg. However, they are sure to bring memorable fun and joy for you and your family, so that you can keep yourselves entertained at any time and any place.
So whether you’re stuck at home in isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic, or you’re enjoying a family camping adventure, these games are sure to keep you and the family or friends entertained for hours!